GHSL SEASON GAMES START ON THE WEEKEND OF JANUARY 29th
|GHSL will operate this season using |
COVID SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- League COVID Rules will be followed in all parks
- If park-specific rules are stricter they prevail
- Violators of the rules will be suspended
- All players entering and leaving a GHSL MUST be wearing a facial covering.
- Parents and spectators in attendance of games MUST BE WEARING A FACIAL COVERING AT ALL TIMES.
- We ask you to limit the num'ber of spectators who attend each game (not bring entire extended family and/or siblings).
- ONLY FAMILY UNITS may sit in proximity at the games. All others must be socially distanced at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- No food or beverages are permitted in any parks, other than water for the players.
- Players MUST bring own water with their name on the bottle in permanent marker. NO sharing is allowed. Please note, many parks will NOT have an open concession stand or open water fountain.
- Parents are forbidden from stepping onto the painted play area of the soccer field at ANY time. This includes before, during, or after games. Parents may not approach any coach, referee, or soccer administrator.
- Any parent who violates any of the above listed rules will be ejected from the park immediately. Ejected parents may be prohibited from returning to any GHSL member parks for the duration of this season.
- NO warnings will be issued. This is a one violation – direct to penalty policy.
- Some parks may have MORE stringent rules than the above. Your coach will be informed and directed to pass the information on to you. Ultimately YOU the parents are required to review and follow all the polices that various Cities have put in place to protect the health of your family. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THE STATED RULES, DO NOT ATTEND THE GAME.
A full listing of specific park rules is listed here for each facility. PLEASE CONSULT THIS LINK PRIOR TO GOING TO GAMES. Check often, the posted information may change as the season progresses.
Welcome to the Greater Hollywood Soccer League Website! The GHSL is one of the oldest soccer leagues in South Florida. Over the years our area covered has grown, to include teams from Northern Miami-Dade county to Southern Broward. We have clubs as far West as Miramar, and as far East as Hallandale Beach, as far north as Davie and as far south as Miami Shores.
We are a sanctioned league by the Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA). We hold a unique position in South Florida as the only FYSA sanctioned soccer league that offers inter-city "recreational" travel play. By playing for a park that is a member of the GHSL, your child gets to experience "travel soccer" regardless of skill level and without the need for tryouts, also with less financial cost. That being said, play in our league is rather competitive, as many of our players move up in the program from a very young age.
We offer sanctioned divisions from U6 through U19. In most age groups we have separate divisions for boys and girls.
For more information about our league, or to learn about entering teams for the 2020/2021 season, if you represent an FYSA sanctioned soccer program, please email us today.
- 2020/2021 GHSL Coaches Meeting will be by ZOOM
- Few clarifications:
- U8 there ARE penalty kicks, everything is indirect EXCEPT if there is a penalty kick.
- U6 there are no penalty kicks EVERYTHING IS INDIRECT
- All coaches, including U6 coaches, are to stay on the sideline at all times. Let's do as much coaching in practices and use the games to see what we need to work on next week in practice. Thanks.
- Let them play, let them make decisions, let them loose, the score does not matter.
- If you have a kid standing in front of the goal in a 4v4 game WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED WITHOUT THE GOALKEEPERS, you are not "teaching them to protect the goal"! You might be a "coach" who cares more about the score than about that child's development.
Reminder to reps - Score your games!
All games must be scored by 8:00 pm the following Tuesday to avoid a fine! HOME TEAM is responsible for a fine of $25 per game not scored
Referee fees for 2020/2021 Season
- U6: $10 per side ($20 total - one ref)
- U8/U9: $15 per side ($30 total - one ref)
- U10: $35 per side (30/20/20)
- U12 and U14 playing 9v9: $40 per side (36/22/22)
- U15, U16 and U19 playing 5v5: $15 per side ($30 total - one ref)
Referee registration links: